The Piedmont Virginian gives voice to this special, even magical, place with the hope that it remains so. Our photo contest is your chance to show us and all of our readers what is special to YOU about this wonderful place we call home.
The Piedmont’s uniqueness and flavor are easily captured with a camera.
Whether it’s our naturally beautiful scenic vistas, the people, our beloved animals, the quaint old towns, the architecture, the sporting life, the farms and open space, old buildings or new, side roads or main streets, show us how you’ve captured our nature, places, and way of life.
Who can enter? Anyone!
You don’t need to be professional or have a spiffy camera. Last year’s winning picture (above) was taken by a very talented 12-year-old with her iPod’s camera! This contest isn’t only about the photo, it’s about what your photo celebrates about the Piedmont as you see it.
Submit photos by tagging us on Instagram or Facebook with #pvphoto2016, by email, or by regular mail. Please include your name, contact info, and the title and location of photo.
Questions? Call 540-349-2951
>> October 1 deadline for submissions <<
Submitted photos will be uploaded to our social media for previewing (and “liking” so tell your friends to stop by!)
Finalists will be printed in our November/December 2016 issue, and winners will be announced in the January/February 2017 issue. Please limit entries to 4 photos per photographer. Photos must be taken in the Piedmont (see map.)
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING!!
- Photos must be taken in the Piedmont region of Virginia (view map below).
- For photos submitted by Instagram:Please tag #pvphoto2016, otherwise your photo will not show up in our tag search.Please leave your name, photo name, location where the photo was taken in the description.
Please upload the highest possible photo resolution when posting to IG.
Please understand that we will be contacting you for the hi-res photo should you be chosen for voting. If you are not available to send the photo within 48 hours, we will move to the next entry in line.
- For photos submitted by Facebook:Please tag #pvphoto2016 in the description.Please leave your name, photo name, location where the photo was taken.
Please upload/share the highest possible photo resolution of the photo.
- For photos submitted by email:Please leave your name, photo name, location where the photo was taken, and contact information in the body of the email.Please attach the highest photo resolution possible to the email.
Please email to email@example.com
- For photos submitted by snail mail:Please provide us with your name, photo name, contact information, and location where the photo was taken along with a digital copy of the photo.
Please understand that we cannot guarantee the package will arrive to us, nor can we take on the responsibility of sending the content back to you. If you wish to have the content sent back to you, please include a self addressed envelope and postage.
All content submitted to the PV Photo Contest 2016 may be used by the Piedmont Virginian Magazine at any time throughout the history of the publication. Upon receipt of your content, you are giving full permission for the PV to use your content in print and online, including but not limited to: printed article photos, online article photos, web promos, and more. Please know that we will always give credit where credit is due. While we do not own your content, you are giving us full permission to use it at time of entry.