- 6 eggs
- 5 cups cane sugar
- 3 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups whole milk
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6 oranges, zested
- 1 vanilla bean, sliced open to scrape and save contents, discard bean shell
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Combine eggs and sugar in a mixer with risk attachment and whip until ribbons are formed
- Drizzle in olive oil slowly and once combined alternate between adding milk and flour mixture.
- Once fully incorporated add orange zest and contents of vanilla bean
- Pour into 2 greased round cake pans and bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.