- 1 lb. ground Wagyu beef
- ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ small sweet onion, grated
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¾ tsp. allspice
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup. chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup. chopped parsley
- 2 tbsps. chopped mint
- 1 beaten bgg
- 1 tsp. salt
- Couple generous pinches black pepper
- Combine Panko bread crumbs and milk. Allow about ten minutes for the bread crumbs to saturate, then squeeze out excess liquid.
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil, knead until well mixed.
- Give mixture at least an hour to rest and grill a small piece as a taste test, then adjust seasoning to taste.
- Form mixture into 1-1/2 oz. balls and spear onto a skewer. Rub generously with olive oil
- Grill the meatballs on the skewers at a medium temperature without flame, letting each side caramelize and brown before rotating to cook evenly. Cook to preference.
- To complement the middle-eastern flavor of this dish, serve with tahini sauce, tzatziki (a side dish with cucumber and yogurt), chick pea salad, or hummus.
Jesse Straight says
Thanks for sharing this! We love working with Chef Rachel!